Probiotics work to replenish the beneficial bacteria in our body and provide a myriad of important, supportive health benefits.
Here are the top 10 reasons why taking a daily probiotic supplement is one of the best things you can do to support your overall health and wellness.
1. Encourage a balanced microbiome. From modern diets filled with sugar and additives to exposure to antibiotics in both medicine and food, your lifestyle can wreak havoc on your body’s delicate balance of bacteria. Even aging, stress, environmental toxins, and medications (such as antacids, birth control, and steroids) can have indiscriminate effects on your healthy microflora balance. When the good guys are overwhelmed, your microbiome can quickly shift and create issues that are less than ideal. Luckily, consuming probiotic supplements can replenish your body’s levels of healthy bacteria and encourage the maintenance of healthy conditions in your body.
2. Support immune function. Can you believe that the vast majority—approximately 80%—of your immune system is located in your gut? Because so many of your immune cells inhabit your intestinal tract, a healthy and balanced immune response is largely dependent on strong communities of beneficial bacteria existing within the gut environment. A high-quality supplement (preferably with multiple strains of good bacteria) works to crowd out the bad guys and support the foundation of your health at its core.
3. Support nutrient absorption. No matter how many superfoods you eat, your body won’t be able to benefit from them if your gut environment isn’t teeming with healthy bacteria. You see, enzymes and digestive bacteria help to break down the food you eat into molecules that make their way into your bloodstream to nourish your body. Inadequate or unbalanced microbial populations in the gut can derail this process and can even lead to malabsorption of critical nutrients. A daily probiotic can help your body naturally absorb all of the goodness from your food and supplements so that you’re getting the most out of your efforts to stay healthy.
4. Maintain your mood. Your “gut feeling” is more than just a hunch. In fact, your mental and emotional balance hinge on a healthy gut environment. The good guys in your intestinal tract support the production of hundreds of nervous system chemicals that regulate your moods. Indeed, almost 95% of your body’s serotonin—the happiness chemical also found in the brain—is manufactured in your gut, so replenishing them often is one of the best things you can do to support healthy emotional function.
5. Support healthy weight management. According to recent research, having a healthy balance of microflora in your gut helps support up your metabolism and can even encourage healthy weight management. In one study, women who took probiotics over a six month period lost more weight, and were able to maintain and continue that loss, than those taking a placebo. An unbalanced gut can also lead to changes in mood and hormone levels that trigger “comfort food” cravings, leading to unwanted extra pounds.
6. Freshen breath. You may be surprised to learn that our mouths are home to an incredible amount of bacteria. Studies show that certain probiotics, like Streptococcus salivarius K12, can help support the oral microbiome by helping to suppress the growth of bad breath-causing microbes. Unlike mouthwash or mints that simply mask bad breath odor, probiotics can help with this occasional, yet embarrassing, issue by encouraging long-term equilibrium of oral bacteria.
7. Keep immune function in check. By supporting a balanced immune system that neither under reacts nor overreacts, probiotics can help to support the health of your bones, joints, skin, and other areas of your body. In a study published in Gut Microbes, researchers measured participants’ levels of temporary inflammation before and after taking Bifidobacterium supplements. By the end of the 8-week trial, levels significantly decreased in the probiotic group, indicating that these good bacteria can help to keep temporary inflammation in check.
8. Reduce fatigue. Have you ever felt tired even after getting enough rest? Well, it turns out that a balanced gut can help reinvigorate you. That’s because fatigue (and the resulting irritability) are often signs of poor digestion, which occurs as a result of an unhealthy gut. Recent research highlights the connection between probiotics and energy. Scientists at National Taiwan Sport University administered Lactobacillus plantarum to mice for six weeks. At the end of the trial, the mice showed increased grip strength, muscle weight, and endurance; and decreased fatigue. The good news? Taking beneficial probiotics can help support your body’s ability to properly digest and process all the healthy nutrients you eat so you can maintain your vitality.
9. Maintain your blood sugar already in a healthy range. Did you know that probiotics can help maintain blood sugar levels already within a normal range? Yes, gut bacteria communicate with your cells to help send chemical messages throughout your body. This communication process, in turn, enables your body to support and maintain healthy glucose levels in a normal range. Taking a daily probiotic ensures that enough of the good guys are working on your behalf to support all of your body’s processes;
10. Improve the appearance of your skin. It’s not just about vanity! Your skin is your largest organ, and it protects your body from countless external threats. But, what many people don’t realize is that your skin is an important reflection of your internal health. Skin problems can result from nutritional and hormonal imbalances, as well as immune system disruptions, all issues that begin in the gut. By helping you to better absorb the nutrients from your foods and supporting immune system response, probiotics can help you achieve healthier-looking skin that glows.
Although serotonin is well known as a brain neurotransmitter, it is estimated that 90 percent of the body’s serotonin is made in the digestive tract. … Peripheral serotonin is produced in the digestive tract by enterochromaffin (EC) cells and also by particular types of immune cells and neurons.
Did you know that antibiotics not only wipe out the bad guys, but the good guys too? Even if you took one 7 years ago – if you have not replenished the good guys within your gut, chances are really high that you are struggling with imbalance, maybe unknowingly.
If you struggle with:
- Irregular mood
- Skin issues
- Erratic sleep patterns
- Crazy cravings for sugar and other unhealthy food
- Bloating, gas, constipation, diarrhea or cramping after meals
- Healthy weight management
These are just some of the symptoms of an imbalanced gut. Which is why probiotics are so important to optimal health.
Not only does MiBiotix Dailybiotic DB support good digestive function, boosts immunity and respiratory health but it should, in fact, be first on your list of supplements that you take on a daily basis. It is even more important than taking a daily multi-vitamin .
Now available at all leading pharmacies countrywide or shop online.
SPECIFIC PROBIOTICS DAILYBIOTIC